Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another Go-Round...

I always seem to start blogs when I have nothing better to do, and trust me, I have nothing else to do in Alto! So...as for blogging, third times a charm, right?

I'm beginning my 3rd 6 weeks of teaching biology and I LOVE IT! My students are amazing and I love them! I have a few knuckleheads, but at the end of the day, each one of them is special to me. My A&P kids are awesome. They have so much potential and I feel grateful and blessed that I get to teach them for a year. My biology kids crack me up! I'm pretty sure that all of my sophomores have multiple personalities! Some days they can be such angels, and some days they can push my buttons..but overall, they make me laugh and I've learned to make the best out of both situations. I know that I have found my calling. Being able to share my passion for biology to a bunch of high school kids who could absolutely care less is fabulous! I truly mean that! Now to answer the big question...why am I back in Alto....here it goes....

I worked at a tax and payroll company in Dallas for 2 years and I really started missing science. I decided that I wanted to teach biology. I started working on my certification at UTA last spring. Mid June, my mom called with a bittersweet deal. She ran into Alto's superintendent at the post office (it happens, it's Alto) and he told her that the biology teacher had just resigned. He told her that he knew I never ever wanted to come back to Alto, but if I would come teach for just a year, he would help me gain my probationary certification and ultimately my standard certification by the end of the school year. Of course, this meant I had to move away from my friends and at-that-time, boyfriend. After a lengthy discussion, Cody and I decided it was for the best...I would have my certification sooner...free rent...and I could save money....so it made logical sense. So here I am...for 6 more months. It really has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. I feel like I'm right where God wants me to be.

As of June 24, I became the happy bride-to-be of Cody Iley. We met 2 years ago at Fielder Road Baptist Church in Arlington. We have been dating for about a year and a half, and on June 27, 2009 we will be happily married! The old saying about how you "just know" is definitely true! I have never found it so easy to love someone as I have to love Cody. He has brought so much joy and happiness to my life, and he is an answer to my prayers. I am so thankful that our paths not only crossed, but have joined. Cody is currently working on his masters in architecture at UTA and he works for an architect in Dallas. We can probably both drive the roads between Alto and Arlington with our eyes closed...June cannot get here fast enough!

I will try my best to keep this thing up-to-date!

No comments: